Hello, bibliophiles, Mabuhay! Another week has passed and I can’t help but think that a quarter of the year will have come and gone, but we’re still here, reading up a storm! I don’t know if that made any sense.
If you haven’t noticed, there’s been a change on my book review template. I’ve decided to use the Ultimate Book Blogger plugin by Creative Whim. I find it very useful and easy to customize (if you know how to look into codes). I’m still figuring out a few things, and I’m itching to tweak it a bit more, but other than its basic features, I am pretty pleased with it.
So I am also thinking about creating WordPress and Blogger themes, and selling them for a small fee. I do need extra income to support my book hoarding, because my salary just goes to bills. Some of it for my travels and some for my family. I do share expenses with my family even though I don’t live with them. My mom just underwent chemotherapy so we had financial issues. She’s okay now, in case you’re wondering. We’re hoping it stays that way. :)
Around The Net
- If you know any kid that need a really good book to read, try Nikki Powergloves by David Estes. It was free from March 3rd-5th, but I bet your money’s worth by getting this book! It’s on $2.99! The book promo actually got 11,000+ downloads! Congratulations, David!
- It’s Amir’s birthday, and she’s doing a book giveaway! Happy happy birthday, Amir!
- I love Colleen Hoover’s books, and I’m anticipating the release of Maybe Someday, so I was happy to read Book Nerd Reviews article : Interview with Colleen Hoover & Griffin Peterson – Author & Musican of Maybe Someday
- Jeann talks about SPOILERS. Go check it out because it’s for us, reviewers.
- If you hate spam but laughs at ridiculous ones, you’ll love Kelly’s spamtastic post!
- Also, Aimee changed their blog name to “Deadly Darlings” – give her some love!
- And I want this shirt!
Reviews This Week
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- Abby Spencer Goes to Bollywood by Varsha Bajaj
- The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Question of the Week :
What book did you discover that is so freakishly amazing lately? Drop in your recommendations!
Weekend Reading #022
Sporadic Reads hosts a weekly meme called “Weekend Readings“. Join us!
One of my favorite series is In The Company of Killers by J.A. Redmerski. It all started with Killing Sarai – took me to a roller coaster ride of suspense, action, thriller, and love. Then I picked up the sequel, Reviving Izabel - it did not disappoint. So if you’re looking for a refreshing adult read with so much suspense and action, I suggest you pick this up. It’s like reading a movie. So yes, I will devour this book this weekend : The Swan and the Jackal.
Stacking The Shelves #018
Book Meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It may be physical or virtual copies of books.
Who doesn’t love John Green? I’ve only read The Fault In Our Stars, Looking For Alaska, and Papertowns. I am looking forward to reading An Abundance of Katherines. And who’s as excited as I am for the TFIOS movie? I am pretty sure that I will bawl my eyes out inside the cinema, so we better come prepared with tissues! LOTS!
Would you look at that? Amazon’s 1-Click is definitely evil! With the exception of “The Truth About Alice” from NetGalley, and “Dying For A Living” from the author, Kory M. Shrum, all were purchased from Amazon. There goes my…gift certificates + some change. All thumbnails go to their respective Goodreads pages.The Weekly Roundup #002 @davidestesbooks @jredmerski @koryshrum @jeannius88 @divainpyjamas @booknerdreviews @lilradrad @ChristieReads Hello, bibliophiles, Mabuhay! Another week has passed and I can’t help but think that a quarter of the year will have come and gone, but we’re still here, reading up a storm!